Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Good medicine

Beats vitamin C.

After receiving my master's degree in English in May of last year, I began working on a spec sript in hopes to start a career as a television writer. As I scoured the libraries, bookstores and the internet for any and all tips, suggestions, techniques and (yes) mistakes that might come in handy as I learn this trade, time after time, I found myself perusing links to or excerpts from your many writings. I have literally stumbled across works of yours in dozens of places over the past several months. One such website directed me to your blog.

I am sorry to learn of your recent health issues, and I wanted to let you know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of a young writer in Washington, D.C. Your work has been invaluable as I learn the style and substance of the scriptwriting process, and I wanted to thank you for the many years of professional experience that you have so graciously shared with young writers like myself, both in print and across the web.

Best of everything, and again, my sincerest thanks for all of your hard work.

No comments: