Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's all material

The reunion of grad students this summer gives me the opportunity, besides the usual reunion dance steps, to tango with some old ghosts. To this end, I did some research this morning for supporting images I'd need for a personal documentary about the changes in my life in this era. I'm thinking of doing 2 simultaneous video projects: a straight-forward docu of the event, to share with those who are there; and a personal "coming of age" story, paradise gained, paradise lost, much more idiosyncratic and impressionistic than the other. If I keep busy, I may stay out of trouble ha ha. We'll see how I feel about it as the date, August, approaches. One good thing: with the eeepc I'll be able to download video and free up the Flip. I was wondering how I'd do that out of town.

No comments: