Monday, April 27, 2009

Check out Emma Wallace


The amount of talent in the world is mind-boggling. Unfortunately, the culture's star-driven fame-driven machinery doesn't always make it easy to find. And the exaggerated hype bestowed upon talent that really isn't that spectacular doesn't clarify the waters. At any rate, I frequently stumble by accident upon talent that gets my attention, and today it's the music of Emma Wallace, who left a comment below. So I checked her out. She says about her work:
writer/performer of love songs that are mostly angst-free and done in the style of modern ragtime. A very high piano content.

The last jazz singer I got excited about was Stacy Kent and Wallace has that same soft, low key approach to ballads, in the Julie London camp of song delivery. I dig it. Here are some links to her music and work:

No comments: