Monday, May 14, 2007

Students

Dedicating the day to my students and spent the morning reading online material submitted by my seven advanced students (I usually have only two or three a term). Half the work was disappointing, but the rest was first class.

This afternoon, 8 scripts in progress from my beginning students. Forecast is for eighty degrees ... maybe I can read on the deck!

Before putting on the teaching hat, I made some revisions on the score of Final Exit. I also am flirting with a momentous change in the strategy of Baumholder, my Cold War novel, something more experimental, which will doom its commercial potential, but which may invigorate my artistic interest in it, which seems to be waning. Still wrestling with the way this might work. I'd keep everything I've written so far but make it the first of three sections. The second is where I might get crazy. I can set this up in part one so it's set up right. And man, it would be a challenge -- and therefore great fun -- to write part two, then bring it down to earth in part three to wrap it all up.

But I think I was stalled because everything was pretty ordinary, in formal terms, and I was getting a tad bored.

We'll see what happens.

No comments: