Friday, May 25, 2007

Final Exit

I have 78 measures. If my calculations are correct, a one-act, say 30 minute, music drama would require about 600 measures at the tempo I'm using. So I have a good start.

I took some pages from it to piano class, and the teacher played it. Sounded good. My fellow students are amazed, of course, but I reminded them that you must do this in strict accordance to two important principles:
  • A little learning is a dangerous thing.
  • I don't know what I'm doing but I know what I like.
And, if some ways, it's actually easier to write music than to play it.

1 comment:

John said...

Which is why I don't write at the piano LOL

I ccan just imagine trying to play something of mine... I've written for student recitals, but it was hard keeping the difficulty down.