Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hanging in

It's important in my narrative experiment to survive initial negativity. I expect some. Nasty reviews. Anything new attracts them. This asks readers to look at stories in a new way. To bring a new aesthetic to the table. But at a gut level there are many readers who will love this, who page turn through the frills already. No clutter here! The key is to find the one and avoid the other.

I can even market to those who hate it by sending them to my traditional work.

So ... in my final year at PSU, important to keep the experiment active. Hopefully after a year, I'll see signs of encouragement.

It's an experiment without preconceived expectations. I hope there are lots of readers like my grad students who loved it.

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

Lena BT said...

Not just "loved" it -- utterly taken with it. It's so flipping easy to read, it just leaves a reader wanting more. Waiting for #3 now!