Thursday, January 10, 2013

It doesn't happen very often

THEATER | Oregon ArtsWatch:

 "Portland theater’s Second Season roars into business this weekend in a big way, led by two (2) world premieres of plays by a Portland playwright at Artists Repertory Theatre and Third Rail. I don’t know that this is completely unprecedented, honestly, but I can’t REMEMBER another synchronicity quite like this. Maybe Charles Deemer back in the day had two plays running at once? Though probably not at two big theaters?"

Actually one night 30+ years ago, before I caught the hyperdrama virus and my career changed, I had THREE plays in performance the same night in Portland, two full productions and one staged reading, which is the one I went to because it was its only night. It was a mediocre one act about the Revolutionary War, called "The Ballad of Sam Crab", read at Portland State. Hey, it's nice to be remembered! It happens so rarely ha ha.

No comments: