Thursday, January 17, 2013

Daily Kos: Discussing White Privilege with High School Students is Apparently "Indoctrination" and "Anti-White"

Daily Kos: Discussing White Privilege with High School Students is Apparently "Indoctrination" and "Anti-White":

"Over the last few decades, there has been an Orwellian turn in American education. It extends from grade school to the university level.

What counts as educational content is being dictated by the logic of the capitalist marketplace, teachers are being subjected to onerous surveillance and harassment, intellectual freedom is being made subject to the political aims of outside actors, and the value of teachers is being undermined by destroying public unions, eliminating tenure, and forcing college professors into a permanent contingent labor force."

I haven't seen evidence of this where I am -- but then I have a very limited view, primarily within my own classes. And I am a very happy camper.

No comments: