Saturday, October 15, 2011

Why I love Saturdays

A while ago I was on the divan. Sketch was sitting beside me, close, his paws on my leg. We were watching the Washington-Colorado game on TV with the sound off. On the radio was the Portland State - Montana game. I had an iced coffee, my signature drink of late. H was off at class, we had the house to ourselves. I'd already gotten some grunt work done, grading the quiz I gave the class Thursday, vacuuming (boy will H be surprised!).

Later Sketch got restless so I gave him a bone-treat for him to wrestle with for a few hours.

Five scripts, opening pages, to look at later, maybe tomorrow. On the quiz, there was one perfect score, which is great at this stage. 3 others were very close -- in the beginning, I'm a very picky hardass grader, so they learn what's correct, not mostly correct. The grades are for their benefit, a reality check.

The big game is tonight, Ariz St at Oregon. I do all my game watching Saturdays and skip Sundays, little interest in the pro's.

No comments: