Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy birthday to me

I didn't realize it was my bday until H greeted me this morning. That's what happens as you get older: individual bdays are easily forgotten. Maybe 70 was the last memorable one. 80 would be the same, though I wouldn't take bets I'll make it.

I'm looking forward to my birthday lunch!



Finally settled on a newspaper to read on my Kindle. I get the Oregonian M-F because it's free and keeps me up on local stuff. The paper really sucks. I'd been reading the Sunday NY Times but missed good reading during the week and the daily is too expensive. I tried samples of the major papers and passed, either for lack of features I wanted (film stuff) or price. Then I found something that will work: the LA Times. Has film stuff, UCLA stuff, I recognize all the areas so it's not as foreign in local coverage, even has Santa Anita track results, the first thing my grandfather would have turned to. And the price is okay. So when my sample period ends, I think I'll go on and become a daily reader of the LA Times. And I quit the Sunday NYT, which makes the daily price even more reasonable. Like getting a discount.

How many Portlanders read the LA Times on a daily basis?

No comments: