Monday, October 17, 2011

Ready to roll

Have everything online now that I need for class tomorrow -- prep finished. And the sun came out after a morning fog, so maybe it will hit 70 tomorrow as forecast. I would love it.

Sketch restless, so we ran some errands to get out of the house.

Turner plays From Here To Eternity this afternoon, and I'm copying it. One of my favorite films, and a rare film that is better than the novel. (So is Some Came Running -- Jones was a better storyteller than a writer.)

Finished 1919, the 2nd in the USA trilogy, on to The Big Money. This is an exhausting but incredible experience, hearing this long trilogy not read but performed by David Drummond, about whom I know little. Need to do some research on him. He turns an already major literary accomplishment into an epic performance in the audio books. I am completely blown away.

No comments: