Sunday, October 16, 2011

Daily Kos: Everybody look what's going down: The Occupy movement's success

Daily Kos: Everybody look what's going down: The Occupy movement's success:

"While aware of the Occupy movement a month ago, it was neither at the top of my interests nor was it something I was following. That changed when the Occupy movement gained my 17-year-old daughter as an adherent.

This example of successful engagement intrigued me in that my daughter, bombarded by a hyperpolitical parent, never was especially interested in political issues. Obviously then, I was interested in trying to understand what was it about the Occupy movement that had engaged her and how they did it. so I went to the source and talked to my daughter as she was preparing to join Occupy Wall Street last night. Here is my interview:"

No comments: