Saturday, October 22, 2011

Round Bend Press: Is Boho Dead?

Round Bend Press: Is Boho Dead?:

TS thinks bohemianism is dead. I disagree. I think it's underground, less fashionable, less romantic, and therefore harder to find. It may have moved from urban low rent districts to small towns. It may be a smaller slice of the social pie because it's less romantic, and therefore less attractive to young people. But I guarantee you that starving artists are still among us, getting by as best they can to save as much time and energy as possible for their work. I even get a few of them in my class now and again.

1 comment:

Charlie Sabba said...

I agree Mr. Deemer. Vive la Boheme! Bohemianism is alive and kicking and definately further underground. Please check out my investigations into undercover or Clandestine Bohemianism and how BOHO will survive in a greedy, corporate ruled world:
http://youngbohemia.blogspot.com