Friday, October 21, 2011

Canzano: With BCS headed for an undefeated trainwreck, let's hope it will bring real change | OregonLive.com

Canzano: With BCS headed for an undefeated trainwreck, let's hope it will bring real change | OregonLive.com:

"Hancock can't possibly believe that nobody wants a playoff. He can't believe that a meaningful regular season is justification for a less meaningful postseason. And he said Thursday, "the current system isn't all about money," and I nearly spit soda through my nose.

Yup, I've defended this system before. I've noted that we're a society with a fascination with closure. We crave finality. Also, that the controversy of the BCS gives us lots to talk about. That's good. But I challenge you to look across college football in a season such as this and not be left flat with what you see waiting at the end.

Still crave closure?

Root for the end of the BCS."

Hear, hear!

No comments: