Monday, October 31, 2011

Ready or not ...

Finally have everything I need for class tomorrow uploaded, etc. Man, this new way I am teaching is much more labor intensive -- but I have the time now and I actually enjoy most of the grunt work. I hope it is effective, that's the bottom line.

So I have the rest of the day and tomorrow morning to work on this layered chaotic mess of a short novel I'm in the middle of. Actually it is looking good. I can't imagine an audience for this, though. You'd have to have my own tastes ha ha! So few do. So this is a project for me and whatever aesthetic clones there may be out there. I know there are a few, know this from past experience. But this is mainly a project for my archive. What would I do without my archive?

What would I do without the support of Bob Hicks? Whatever visibility I have left in this town is pretty much a result of his continued support of my work over so many years. I feel fortunate to have it.

I think there may be a problem with my check. It hasn't shown up in my account yet and I never did get the usual email several days earlier. I'll call payroll later today if nothing changes. Need my check!

Thursday we watch The Kids Are All Right, the script/film we are studying this term.

And to think in the winter I teach at noon. That will be different, I think, being on campus when a lot of students are actually there.

H didn't have too many problems with the snow storm. We'll try to connect via Skype this afternoon.

No comments: