Sunday, October 24, 2010

Start to finish in 3 months

I started thinking (again) about a feature with the Flip in late July after some conversations about same with Mark Marchus. Then I saw Dan Yost's improvised feature film and became inspired.

I started writing a story outline, contacted some actors I'd worked with in the past, and advertised for others in Craig's list. My ad appeared on Aug. 3.

So this project, start to finish, was done in about ten weeks! With no budget except about $20 out of pocket money. This strikes me as extraordinary, made possible only by digital technology, the availability of good actors in Portland, and my own incredible energy, even for an old fart (though I pay for it much more than I used to).

I still pinch myself, as if none of this really happened. How could it?

No comments: