Monday, October 18, 2010

Signature breakfast

I wonder how many people have discovered, as I have, the wonderful combination of oat meal and scrapple. Few in the west, where scrapple is unknown, I presume. This morning I had what has become my most typical home breakfast: a slice of scrapple, unfried, heated for one minute in the microwave; put in a bowl and smother with cooked oatmeal; top with two fried eggs, up; add milk; optional toast and bacon. Man, this is one yummy breakfast! I bet someone in New Jersey or Pennsylvania had this breakfast recently.

The last time I had scrapple for breakfast in a restaurant was years ago at Mom's Cafe in Milford, NJ, home of my father. In fact, it's so long ago, he was still alive.

Today a leisurely day of school and home chores. I look forward to it. Short but important afternoon shoot. This morning, early, I edited 4 minutes out of the first hour without letting much blood. I think it's going to come in at about an hour and 45 minutes. To shorten it, I'd have to eliminate some cameos, easy to do, but I won't for the showing to the actors. Later I may, or may not, make a shorter director's cut with eliminations.

I actually feel better this morning than in recent weeks. Knock on my wooden head etc.

Thursday night UCLA plays at Oregon. The new #1 Ducks should be 30 pt favs or so but I would love an upset, man I'd love an upset! UCLA was my childhood team, so when my two alma matera play, childhood often wins out. My anger at Oregon for its Nike wedding softens a tad because I like the new coach so much. He called Nike "the owner" of the team. I like awareness and political incorrectness like that. Our local sports columnist hopes Oregon wins the BCS, and then as winners Kelly, the Oregon coach, blasts the BCS and pushes for a playoff system. You can criticize as a winner more effectively. This also is true with regard to literary prizes! Otherwise it sounds like sour grapes.

Here is my fantasy with regard to this. Acceptance Speech for an Award I Never Received

No comments: