Thursday, October 14, 2010

Letter to a dead soul brother

Hey Richard,

Just a quick note to tell you how much I miss your wit and laughter. With the political scene even crazier and more surrealistic than when you left us in 1998, with the dumbest political candidates in the history of politics on the scene now -- well, maybe not -- you would have a full time job cracking jokes about them. 

Nothing new on my end -- well, I'm shooting a feature digital film, I guess you could say that's new. I should finish this month. I'm hoping it's a period at the end of one trajectory in my professional life. I'm ready to slow down and have a new focus, i.e. retire as a writer and storyteller. Focus on music. Catch up on reading. 

I wish I could figure out how to move to the desert without getting divorced. I'm cold most of the time.

Think about you often, brother, and very definitely miss your laughter and sense of the absurd. The world is much worse than when you left it. 


No comments: