Thursday, October 14, 2010

Swan song

If everything works out, the feature will be a kind of "swan song" in my career, my last effort to tell a significant story, the curtain to a certain stage in my career. I think this would be appropriate for several reasons, not the least of which is that the film has an "upper" ending, rare in my work. I like the idea of "going out" with positive energy. I might not have another upper ending in me ha ha.

I am not quitting, I am changing focus. I'll do smaller things. I'll decrease my grasp. I'll be less ambitious. Long overdue, in truth. And I'll bring music front burner, also overdue.

I really look forward to this -- but the film has to work for me for this to make sense. I don't like "quitting" with something I personally don't like. So far, the film looks good to me. I think there's a good chance I'll like the finished product. Not perfect, mind you, but good enough to do the job, to be the swan song.

Well, we'll find out soon enough now. Maybe even next week at this time.

No comments: