Friday, October 08, 2010

Interruption

Taking the weekend off to hang with the guests but in truth I look forward to next week when I have three shooting days, close to finishing up.

I am thinking there may be two versions of my film: "a full version" and a "director's cut." That is, if it is longer than I wish, which appears to be the case, I think the only way to reasonably cut it is to eliminate some characters. But I hate to do that since I am working with volunteer actors who have done good work. So there might be a version when I use everyone and a version when I tighten things up at the expense of eliminating a few folks. I know two I could cut, for example, and the main story wouldn't be hurt at all and I'd cut about five minutes. Well, I'll wait until I have it all done and then decide. But I do think eliminating entire characters, rather than tightening scenes, is the way I'd bring it to 90 minutes, which is my goal. I may be looking at around 105 or 110 minutes when I'm done. And maybe it works at that length and my pre-conceived length is just wrong.

No comments: