Friday, October 01, 2010

An Oregon football weekend

Stanford at Oregon is the ESPN game of the week, and not far away Oregon State is hosting Arizona State, so the interstate south from Portland will be packed tomorrow with game traffic, Ducks and Beavers together. I hate the position I'm in, an Oregon alumnus who absolutely hates the takeover of the athletic program by Nike, so it is hard for me to root for the Ducks. This is a UCLA year for me as a result (undergrad alumnus). I don't know if the Oregon situation will ever be solved. The university needs a president with the balls to declare the university independent from corporate kidnapping. I see no evidence of this happening soon. Interestingly enough, I have "radical" friends whose politics does not prevent them from rooting for Nike. Football trumps politics.

I need to mow some yard tomorrow! Man, I'm behind on chores, mainly from sick lack of energy. All I can do to teach and shoot video.

No comments: