Wednesday, January 09, 2013

In the email bag

From Australia ...
Hi Charles,
                                If this ever gets to you I’d just like to say thanks for “Kerouac’s Scroll.”

I’ve just this minute turned the last page and I really enjoyed it.

As an ex vet with a good friend who has often discussed a road trip, I found your novel very poignant.


Thanks, 
Holden Caufield wanted to phone the author after reading a book he liked. This is the modern day equivalent but very few readers take the time to do something like this. I have now and again. And it is very satisfying, of course, to receive something like this. A writer never knows how many fans s/he really has. Sometimes you can wonder if you have any. Again, getting this is a terrific way to start the day. Yes, it's a zero-sum universe but, man, it sure is more fun to hang out around the positive end of the spectrum.

No comments: