Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Change of plans

I intended to spend a few hours at my university office today but it's so damn cold outside, and I'd have to do a bit of walking to get there, I decided to stay in the comfort of my basement office and work here. I've become a wimp in my old age. No, I was always a wimp.

Not much excitement for me in the bowl games. I liked seeing the San Gabriels at the Rose Bowl and Stanford won a defensive game but that's about it. Oregon and Kansas State is next, Thursday. Might be the highlight.

Lots of new things to do ... returning to piano and harmonica, for example, while keeping progress with banjo. Resurrecting a couple of outside-in projects just for the business of it. The busier I keep, the more I avoid the news, which drives me crazy. Really is time to drop out as "a citizen," I think, and just be a full time planetary alien observer.

I am eager for school to start! I love teaching screenwriting. There is actually concrete content to teach, which is a bit rare in a "creative writing" class, where so much is nebulous.

Well, I haven't had a long day in the basement in ages. Maybe this is the one.

No comments: