Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesdays

The big change in my teaching rhythm this term is how I spend Wednesdays. For 15 years I've collected student work on Tuesdays, returning in Thursdays, a quick turn-around of which I was proud. But the work Wednesday could be a killer, moreso as I aged. So this term I am collecting work on Thursdays and returning it the following Tuesdays, still a quick turn-around but giving me much more time to evaluate it.

What I liked about the earlier schedule was it gave me a free slate for my own work after Thursday. I wore a teacher's hat for 3 days a week only. But I have less work to do now, and am less obsessive about it, so I don't need as much free "non-teaching" time as I wanted earlier.

If the noon class gets scheduled right for winter, that will be a second major change. We'll see.



A very productive morning of work on the novella.

No comments: