Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Rendering, rendering

I'm not sure if this project will export or not. Fortunately I have alternatives -- I have 3 editing programs and can reassemble everything in another if this one has died on me. But so far it's not dying, it's just outrageously slow. So I hang in there.

Tried watching Fat City, a favorite film of mine, but found it so depressing I had to quit. I'll skip later to the ending, one of my favorite endings on film -- maybe the longest silence ever, which is dramatically perfect. John Huston at work. But the rest, man, I was having too many "there but for the grace of the gods" moments.

Just turning noon and I've done a long day's work already. Love it.

Finally decided on a Native American character in my novel, who is of some importance, Danny White Bird. I named him after Chief White Bird and White Bird hill in northern Idaho, about which I know a few things, where Dick's ashes are scattered. Whole cloth.

This draft feels rougher than my drafts usually are, no doubt because of the complexity of what I'm trying to do, but that's fine, I'm not in a hurry as long as I live long enough to finish ha ha.

One more term of evening class before I switch to noon. Should be teaching noon this term but somebody screwed up. That's fine. Fall  is better in the evening than winter is.

I feel like it is evening already, psychologically anyway. Might take the dog for a run, unless he rebels for the heat. He might prefer loafing in the cooler house.

No comments: