Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Summer

It was a productive summer. I have a partial draft of my novella, major changes needing input, but I'm in good shape with it, the story and characters have evolved in a different way from what I imagined when I began, but that's what makes the writing game so exciting, you get surprised a lot. I like where this is going, and for all its ambition (my great work!) and complexity, I feel I have a good shot at pulling it off. Definitely not automatic but a decent real shot at it. That's enough.

I'll go in early today, just to get into the ambiance of the new environment. How early? Not sure. Maybe between 1 and 2, which will give me a couple hours in my office before class. I only have to go down one flight of stairs, same building, for my class this term.

No comments: