Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Singing with Jim Wylie

I first performed my tribute to Woody Guthrie, Ramblin': the songs and stories..., in 1979 with significant grant support. I managed to keep the grant support going through the 80s and performed it from Seattle to Los Angeles, mostly in the NW. Then I put the show to rest. After 5 or 6 years, however, I decided to revive it with a second musician. Jim Wylie was the obvious choice: a friend, a musician whose picking strengths filled in my weakness. So we revived the show and toured it a bit through the 90s.

All this comes to mind because I found a wonderful publicity shot for the show as I was cleaning my office this morning. Jim has left us but his memory and music lives on. Below are some links to it all.

Deemer and Wylie perform RAMBLIN' (audio)

Jim Wylie performs (audio)

A friend remembers Jim Wylie

Obituary

No comments: