Monday, June 28, 2010

Escape to Starbucks

Needed a change of scenery, brought the netbook to Starbucks for the first time in ages. A comfortable atmosphere here. Read on the Kindle, another chapter in Boorstin, did some online chores.

The progress of the summer will depend on how much time I spend in my basement office. The netbook has liberated me from the desktop there -- and yet my major summer chores, downsizing and music, must be done there, the place of the mess and the location of my keyboard. Thus far, I'm not doing a very good job at spending time in the basement. But I'll get there.

Brazil looked unstoppable in its match against Chile today, winning 3-0 and looking magical. It's clear that the U.S. has far, far to go to reach this level of play. We may never get there since our best athletes presumably go to another sport.

Almost the end of June. Incredible.

No comments: