Saturday, June 19, 2010

The mind at breakfast

Back from a stimulating breakfast conversation with M. at Joe Brown's in Vancouver. Joe Brown's belongs on the list of great old-fashioned breakfast spots along with Nobby's and Fat City in Portland. And spending time with M. is always stimulating because the man's mind is in gear with a wide range of challenges and insights and puzzles. I met M. 25 or 30 years ago in the local film environment. He made indie features in the 60s and had written a splay I still admire but his interests go far beyond film. He's an inventor, an entrepreneur, a thinker. And, wonder of wonders, he's older than I am and still shaking the bushes. I'm glad he reentered my life.

It's another gray wet chilly day. So much for working outside. Well, I have lots of books to read, indoor projects to do. Onward.

No comments: