Saturday, June 19, 2010

Spring student wins contest

One of my students wrote a midterm in the spring that is one of the funniest short scripts I ever read. I suggested she go to moviebytes.com and look over the contests for one for short comedies. She found one in Venice and entered. Just before the end of the term, she let me know she was a finalist. She was going to Venice for the announcement of the winner.

Email this morning: she won! I can't say I'm surprised. I read a ton of scripts a year and hers was the funniest in a very, very long time. I'm delighted for her. And I'm glad I encouraged her to find a contest and enter. Something like this can be very useful early in a career.

The feature she was working on was a heavier drama. Maybe she should focus on comedy.



Raining out. So much for outdoor chores.

Breakfast in Vancouver with M. Looking forward to it!

No comments: