Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

It's been over 20 years since my dad died, and I have no experience as a parent, so Father's Day hasn't meant much to me for some time. However, today I got a "happy God Father's day" call from B. in Idaho, the oldest son of my late best friend. He brought me up to date on his considerable health and family problems but he's as resilient as his dad was and seems to be hanging in there. We used to see him every year on our annual trip to Idaho to see his grandmother but she passed away earlier this year, and this summer we're staying close to home. He is one of the best blues harp players in the western world (and I gave him his first harmonica lessons. By the time he was a teenager, he was long gone past my skills at it.)

I need to check the long term weather forecast and see if there's any hope in seeing the sun soon and not freezing my ass off.

No comments: