Thursday, August 02, 2007

Transformation

Happened to consider this: 6 or 7 weeks ago I was getting ready for finals and the end of the term, looking forward to a summer of writing and reading. I was going to finish the draft of my Cold War novel and read George Chapman's translations of Homer. A fine summer!

Then I saw the incredible video quality of The Flip and thought, wow, here's a mini-camcorder you could make movies with -- if you had a good editor. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I doubted if there was a decent economical editor on the market but how wrong I was. I bought The Flip, I bought Adobe Premiere Elements, and I was off and running, a summer digital filmmaker! Less than two months later, I already have a number of short projects to my credit, not all of them terrible, none of them a waste of time. You can check them out at my YouTube Channel.

And four more projects should be finished before the end of the summer. Onward.

No comments: