Thursday, August 09, 2007

Kudos

Ah, finally a nice word about Scrapple, Grits, Biscuits & Gravy! No one prior to this has seemed to like this short video as much as I do. But while I was gone, this came from an actor/director whose opinion matters to me (who directed me years ago in Albee's "Zoo Story") and it, well, makes my day.


I really loved the film. Other than the obvious challenge of our inevitable respective demises, I loved the underlying cyclical drama that has played out over and over for eons. The theatricality of the actors playing both facilitator and the object of the grim reaper's nasty job is delightful. I'm sure your players must have had a ball. The Sisyphusianly tedious quality of the drama played a little like "Endgame" or "Waiting For Godot." Nice work.

No comments: