Sunday, August 26, 2007

Adding options

On the first week of class, my students must choose their options in two areas: whether they are going to write the script for a short or for the first thirty minutes of a feature (act one); and whether they will develop their stories along a "tree" (strategy by plan) or "forest" track (by sink or swim). I'm adding a third writing option fall term, a direct result of my summer experience: write the script for a 10-minute vignette and then develop and shoot it as a digital video. The new option will include many requirements, including writing, revising, storyboarding, casting, shooting, rough cutting, final cutting and delivery. I'll be very curious about how many choose this new option.

I had planned to give my advanced students this option some time ago but yesterday I decided, what the hell, I'll open it up to all.

No comments: