Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Honeymoon

Sent off five copies of THE BRAZEN WING to my new agent as requested. I also wrote him about my next script, and we're on the same page, which is to say, before I write a script, he'll approve of the logline/synopsis to see if it generates his marketing juices. Some agents won't do this. I like working this way when the goal clearly is selling. It's much more practical and saves a lot of time. We discussed genres to work in. My favorite genres, drama and historical, of course are among the most difficult to sell, so I'm going to work in romantic comedy and comedy since I really can't do horror and adventure (these are the four most marketable genres). I'll develop three stories and run them by him. Our contract is for two years, not just one which is typical, and I want to take full advantage of it. Two things inspire me here: he works for a well-placed agency, and he is male. It's been a while since I've had a male agent for screenwriting. Even though my fav two agents in my career were women, I think it's time to change. A superstition, I think.

Also new: he likes my craft and asked if I'd be interested in rewriting scripts from less skillful clients or adapting books they get the rights to. For moolah, of course!

Doing a little shooting this afternoon, to get a good sound track for HONKY TONK. The Friday night shoot should be a blast in the bar, working with six "sexy ladies at a bar."

No comments: