Saturday, August 25, 2007

Excursion


We took a drive out the gorge to Hood River today. Can't do that without thinking of Guthrie.
That Bonneville Dam is a site to see
Makes that ee-leka-tric-i-ty
Ee-leka ee-leka-tric-i-ty
Makes that ee-leka-tric-i-ty

"It's a big river!"

In Hood River, we caught the Mt. Hood Railroad with its steam engine for a two-hour tour of the surrounding hills and orchards. Great scenery, a passenger list with more hyper humans than I would have preferred.

At one point, hoping to strike up a conversation with the guy sitting opposite to me, I asked if he liked baseball. Maybe we could talk about the Mariners. Not only did he say No, but his tone and demeanor made it clear I was lowlife to him, I could've just invited him to a dog fight. So much for a conversation.

But it still was a nice day.

No comments: