Wednesday, July 03, 2013

How I got a blank book to the top of the Amazon charts | The Passive Voice |

How I got a blank book to the top of the Amazon charts | The Passive Voice | Writers, Writing, Self-Publishing, Disruptive Innovation and the Universe:

"“Shed! Your book is number 44 on Amazon… Congratulations!”

Most authors would delight at this news, and of course I was thrilled, but in my case, the book in question was a little bit different to other books. And that’s why my jubilation was, let’s say, mixed with disbelief and abject bewilderment. Because my book, entitled What Every Man Thinks About Apart from Sex, is completely and utterly blank.

That’s right, you read that correctly, my book contains two hundred pages and each one has nothing printed on it."

Well, ladies and gentlement, here is the reality of pop book culture in a nutshell. I wish I was surprised that something like this could happen.

No comments: