Monday, July 22, 2013

Quick trip to Idaho

Quick trip to Lewiston over the weekend, leaving Thurs and returning yesterday. Primarily so H could visit troubled grandson in program there. I also visited Dick's oldest son, my unofficial godson.

Highlight for me the landscape, the Palouse, always knocks me out and this may well be the last time I'll see it live. Disappointment was the visit itself, which somehow got sidetracked into current affairs, he defends Zimmerman, etc, you get the picture. I mostly bit my tongue and got out of there as quickly, as politely, as possible.

You can't go home again etc. But the landscape! It was worth the trip and brought back many fine memories of cruising the area with Dick when we were young, bar hopping across the rolling hills. I'm damn glad I did that. It was a different country then and those parts were filled with folks with Wobbly roots. Back when the blue collar was radical. Seems like a dream world.

No comments: