Thursday, March 07, 2013

The Folly of Sober-Minded Cynicism - Ta-Nehisi Coates - The Atlantic

The Folly of Sober-Minded Cynicism - Ta-Nehisi Coates - The Atlantic:

"I was skeptical of war, but if the U.S. was going to take out a mad tyrant, who was I to object? And more, who were you to object? I remember being out during one of the big anti-war protests and watching the crowds stream down Broadway. I remember thinking, "You fools believe that you matter? You think what you're saying means anything?"

In fact it meant a lot. It meant that you got to firmly and loudly say, "No. Not in my name." It meant being on the side of those who warned against the seductive properties of power, and opposing those who would bask in it. It also meant pragmatism."

The radicals were the only ones right about Iraq.

No comments: