Friday, August 17, 2012

Wardrobe

A few days ago I thought maybe I should buy some new clothes for fall classes. Look sharp. First, though, I decided to clean out my closet, something I've been threatening to do for longer than I've been threatening to clean my basement office.

Well, so much for a new wardrobe. I found more clothes I didn't know I had, which I've never or seldom worn, that no new purchases are necessary. I got rid of a lot and now am ready to look sharp come fall.


Was thinking this morning of my long career and marveled that I survived. Writing inside-out takes far more out of you, especially psychically, than I realized. They don't tell you this or maybe you'd never start. But I made it through the serial marathons, a long story from whole cloth, and now I can look back with satisfaction at my (unrecognized) archive. It's a wonder I survived.

No comments: