Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Chekhov Hyperdrama

title: certainly my most ambitious work, probably my most unread work, but still maybe the best thing I've ever done. (Click on "title" to open.)

I did get some strokes from the university for this. A dean wrote me a nice letter about it. However, he didn't actually say he'd read it, as opposed to being impressed by the work involved. Virtually all of my hyperdrama fans are in Europe, and I assume that's where the few readers of this are as well.

When I came up with a design for a hyperdrama theater, making production of this far easier, I wished I were younger, as I rarely do, so I might produce it myself. (This design is in the final "Nuts & Bolts" video in the Changing Key sequence. I continue to hope, perhaps against long odds, that a young playwright will discover hyperdrama and run with his enthusiasm, perhaps even producing this.)


No comments: