Friday, January 27, 2012

"For the Record"

In each issue of the L.A. Times is a section called "For the Record" in which errors from previous issues are corrected. Usually these are minor things, a name wrong, a year off by one or two, but now and again something more major gets corrected. What I like is the fact that the section exists -- and in the Kindle edition of the paper, of course, where nothing can get "buried," the section gets the same weight as any other article.

The more i read the Kindle L.A. Times the more I like it. I'm sorry it took me so long to discover it.



I'm expecting two deliveries today, one for which I have to sign and missed yesterday, so I don't want to venture away until it comes unless H is here to sign for it.

A leisurely day! I love it. I am going to get a start on student scripts, though, just to reduce weekend and Monday pressure.

I have no desire whatever to watch the Superbowl. Maybe we'll go to a movie.

Was brooding in bed this morning about the inevitable changes in this blog as my "writing life" changes with the publication of the new novel. The ending of one journey, the beginning of another.

I received a nice email from a woman in Australia. As a kind of test, I wrote a short article for Kindle called "Staying Sober Without AA." 2 folks bought it right away and she was one of them, responding to my invitation to send an email (you can have live links in Kindle articles and books, which is another attraction to them: in fact, you could do a hyperdrama-structured story with a website hosting some of the diversions -- no, no, Deemer, don't go there! ha ha). Anyway, she said the article was just what she needed, the right reading at the right time, and this alone felt like justification for writing it in the first place. I have several projects like this in mind to explore once the long earlier journey officially gets put to rest, some weeks or a few months away now, I think.

No comments: