Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ahead of the curve

Had a very productive morning, got all my prep work for class Tuesday online ... so the rest of the day, and tomorrow, I have no pressure. The way I like it.

Which means I actually have a shot at finishing the polish reading today and tomorrow, which would be spectacular. I could order PODs and move on to the next step. The next reading I'll attempt to read as a reader, not as a writer, and so how I like it. Not so easy to do.

I'm putting down the foundation for two possible Kindle series, testing them so to speak, things I can do with my eyes shut, seeing if I can scratch up a little coffee change from a few things I know about a few things. It's actually fun because the writing is so easy for me, outside-in kind of stuff, the direct opposite of what I'm been up to on the novel.

I really am delighted to have Tues's class taken care off. I have to do a lot of work in Word and Photoshop to get it all online for us to look at together in class. Grunt work but it goes quickly since I have it down to a system. I got the class work prepped and online in about two hours, not bad at all.

Off for coffee, back to read. All the usual Sunday reading to do, too, though I did make a first pass through the LA Times early this morning. Haven't looked at the Guardian yet. Probably get a new NYer tonight and I have to finish the current one. Ah, me. So much to read! So much to write! How the hell can anybody be bored in this world?

No comments: