Friday, January 20, 2012

Euphoric moment

Walking from the university to my bus stop yesterday afternoon, I was swept over by a rush of euphoric feelings, a sense of awareness of my good fortune in life, despite all the little things that can annoy me, the bottom line is I'm at a great time in my life, which is shared with two great people, my wife and my dog, along with several important professional and friendship relationships today, and having a job I love. Moreover, two important books are coming out soon, the collection of plays that summarizes the most visible part of my career, and the ambitious novel that brings together all of the themes I've been wrestling with all these years. I really have a sense of an approaching ending to this part of my life, leaving me to explore new things, for which I've already put down a foundation.

So what if the basement is leaking from the weather storm at hand?

No comments: