Saturday, February 26, 2011

Recently seen: Pirates of Penzance

Not often does one see a college theater production without a weak acting link here and there but if Clark College's energetic fun-loving version of the Gilbert and Sullivan classic had a singing/acting weak link, I sure couldn't find it. This was a strong production top to bottom, for which main credit goes to director Kirk Mouser. However, two parts of the show really blew me away: the choreography and the double-role of straight and pirate Ruth. Looking at the program, I see these two accolades go to the same person, Lisamarie Harrison. Hats off for a stellar job!

The now-catered dinner part of the evening was excellent but somehow not as exciting as the culinary extravaganza when the students did it. I missed it. But then I often miss "the old days."

No comments: