Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The joy of weekday daytime baseball

The Mariners, who won tonight, play a daytime game tomorrow. A rare joy! I'll listen while doing yard work. In the 50s, growing up, daytime games through the week were the norm. I remember going into a five and dime or a soda fountain in the summer and hearing the game on the radio, the boss or some employee having it on. Getting gas -- and the game is on the radio at the station. Daytime weekday baseball was being listened to everywhere, or this was my impression. Today it's pretty rare, so I always try to take advantage of it when it's scheduled and arrange my day so the game can be my soundtrack.

Early drafts of the Atty Gen's report on Mayor Adams were released today -- and they are very much more critical of the mayor than the final report! What happened for the Atty Gen to delete so much bad info about our lying mayor? Sounds fishy to me -- but at least one supporter of a recall thinks otherwise. He thinks the AG knew he couldn't win a case in court so deliberately arranged the data so it can be best used for a recall. What a creative theory!

I wish my liberal and artistic friends could see around their ideology long enough to realize that a lying, manipulating mayor sucks even if he does have "politically correct" ideas on social issues. Of course, having rightwing dingbats calling for a recall doesn't really help, you almost want to oppose it just to be on a different side. I should start a new movement, Liberals and Radicals for a Recall Election, ha ha. The gay newspaper in town supports a recall but I wish more visible gay activists would get on the front lines. Maybe more will, now that the AG report is out. Lots were waiting for it, to see which way the wind blew. It sure looks like a cover job. That should help the recall.

No comments: