Monday, July 08, 2013

Back to normal

At last, the holiday weekend is over. Really disrupted my work rhythm. Glad to be back into, or trying to get back into it. May take a few days.

Man, this whole ebook marketing thing is nuts. Something culturally and seriously wrong with this entire dance. I keep thinking of Ezra Pound's "The ABC of Reading" and the complete fit he would be having at all this socializing over literature, the democratization of art. There's got to be another way, a more literate way, to do all this.

But an experiment is an experiment, and I move forward. But this is not endearing me to pop culture ha ha.


1 comment:

Mike Gold said...

Pop culture is the enemy. You know, academically speaking, Post Modernism is dead, history, but don't tell the culture that. The death of the author continues to be exalted, low art is now high art, and everyone on the margins is screaming to be heard. Ironically, when everyone becomes an author, no one has got anything to say.

Next... I think I'll publish my grocery list.