Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A good deed

Some 18 or so months ago I published a little Kindle booklet called Staying Sober Without AA, which became my most read book at Amazon. I shared my frustration with AA's bias against the intellect, and how I came to use knowledge as power to get my act together. Now and again I get a response, and today's was especially rewarding.
Charles,
I wanted to take a moment to thank you from the bottom of my heart! I actually dowloaded your book quite awhile back but didn't actually read it until I came off my last great bender. It gave me a hope I had never had before and has inspired me to create this little grassroots group here in our local community for people like me who only had AA and court ordered classes available along with a handful of therapist that want to charge you an arm and your leg, throw in the shoes to boot. I am founding this group absolutely free and am using your manual as the first group session, but you lead me on a serach for more knowledge and I am using what I find as I find it to help me help others. Here is the link to the group if you are interested http://chemicalcarousel.weebly.com/. I have you to thank for this!!!! I hope life brings you much peace my friend,
J. 
Freedom From the Chemical Carousel
Caldwell, Idaho

No comments: