Thursday, March 01, 2012

Happy camper

I enjoyed the discussion with colleagues and candidate at the Masters exam yesterday. I always do. One thing I love about the university is that full professors treat adjuncts, which I am, as equals. This was not the case at two different community colleges where years ago I was an adjunct. I was treated like a second class citizen. Maybe CC teachers feel like they're looked down on by UNIVERSITY teachers, so need someone to look down on in return. At any rate, here 15 (?) years as an adjunct now, I've always felt like and been treated like (and even called) "a professor." The university here has been good to me.

Relatively straight forward day in class at noon. More marketing stuff, first review of project posters they made.

The novel has its official publication announcement on Monday. This will be a very big deal for me, and I'll explain why the day it happens.

No comments: