Saturday, March 24, 2012

The coffee king

The more I use my new large French press to make iced coffee, the better I like it. What a fine tool! Just like the espresso hand press, designed to do the job at hand without hassle or complication. And both work perfectly and make me the best coffee in town, hot or cold.

As long as I use the right blend of coffee ha ha. H suggested I try Sumatra for iced cofee -- and boy is she right! That's what I'm drinking today and it's the first blend I've tried I like better than the Starbucks I've been drinking all these months. So Sumatra is a keeper but I still want to experiment.



Revisiting Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee as an audio book is a moving, sad experience. What would happen if a country actually owned up to its true history? Has this ever happened? I'm going to follow this with the audio book of In the Spirit of Crazy Horse, continuing the focus I began as research for the novel. But I don't think I can take this focus much longer. I'm really not a masochist.

I need to listen to something deeply comical, like Bellow's Henderson the Rain King. A note to myself.

No comments: